This month, we are sharing The Blonde Shallot’s Chicken Enchiladas Verde recipe. The Blonde Shallot, owned by Jessica Rogers, is locally based in Little Silver NJ. Specializing in accessible quality food; they offer salads, soups, and so much more which can be picked up from their market or delivered to your home.
As we look toward welcoming Spring, we were craving something tasty and satisfying yet fresh and lively. When we asked Jess to share a favorite recipe for our March feature, the minute we heard “chicken enchiladas verde,” we knew that was the perfect dish to help kick off the season.
- 2 Tblsp. Butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened & cut in large cubes
- 2 (4oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 Tblsp. minced cilantro
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast (Jessica uses 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 1 (16oz) jar salsa verde (she like’s Herdez)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet or pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Add in salt, cumin, and garlic and cook for one minute more, until fragrant.
- Stir in cream cheese and reduce heat to medium-low and stir continuously until melted nicely. Stir in green chiles, cilantro, chicken and ½ cup salsa verde and mix well.
- To soften tortillas, place between damp paper towels and microwave for 1 minute. This should help them to avoid cracking, but if they do, microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Divide filling evenly between 8-10 tortillas, about ⅓ cup in each. Roll tortillas and place them seam side down in the pan. Cover chicken enchiladas with remaining salsa and sprinkle with the cheese. Place in
oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, until cheese is lightly browned on top.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and scallion. Dig In!
Naturally, enchiladas pair perfectly with chips, fresh salsa, and an ice cold light beer, but we are partial to a sangria pairing. We like this Easy Red Wine Sangria recipe, great as is and easily customizable for seasonal or flavor preferences.
Details on The Blonde Shallot
Visit their website to order for pick up or delivery and follow their Instagram for updates to their market selections.
Location: 471 Prospect Avenue, Little Silver, NJ
Also, check out this APP Article to learn more about The Blonde Shallot!
Thank You, Jess, for sharing this special recipe with us and our readers!